Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12th

Today is a good day because January 11th is gone :) I hate being negative or sad about something and January 11th was a sad day. Tyler and I drove down to Miami on Sunday night and stayed there so I could take him to the airport in the morning. We were so glad we went the night before so we could just hang out alone before he left. UNfortunatly I stared getting knots in my stomach at around 9pm. All we had been discussing was his departure, everyone was calling saying goodbye and we had all been gearing up for this since September. It was a very tough day and I miss him already. I know people say oh this will be a good thing for you two. I want to say oh really you think so, 2 1/2 years living without him, yah that sounds like a great experience. NOT! I hate when people say this, ok maybe like 8 months would be good so we could experience life without each other but really 2 1/2 years. I could have children in 2 1/2 years and start a job and quit it by the time he comes home.

Anyways, work becomes busy TODAY. I am not excited about it and that is why I am laying in my bed blogging. I have 2 presentations and a lot of busy work that needs to be done by friday. I don't have the energy to get to work as I know it will start months of craziness but I have no choice and I want to make LOTS of money so I can become a island girl :) jk but really.

Life is going to go on today and I am happy because today i start the count down when I get to see him for a weekend!! I thought we werent going to be able to talk last night because we didnt think he would have service and he has to set up his internet. BUT HE DID! I was so excited when i got a text that he landed. Then also I was so excited when my computer made a funny noise. It was skpe and Tyler!!! It was hard to see him because the lighting wasnt the best and he was in a room with many other students but there he was with his little grin. It made my heart melt. When I left him standing on the curb at the miami airport with his huge bags and A MILLION spanish people I could see the fear and nerves in his face for the first time. That broke my heart, so seeing him there and safe made me happy. He was going to grab dinner with some of the students which also made me feel happy.

One last point, I have the MOST AMAZING friends I could ever ask for. I had an overwhelming amount of calls, texts and emails from my amazing girlfriends and it made me cry almost everytime i saw them. They are amazing women and I love them for being so supportive. I couldnt ask for better friends, I am so blessed.

So today Life goes on and I count down till I see Ty!!! I am already excited!!! This is much better than waiting for him to leave. Have a great week!!

2 comments:

  1. Let the countdown begin!! At least work will keep you busy?!?!?!? You also get to come see me sometime... Cassano's Pizza!! Stay strong... see you in a couple months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh...you are so so special Kara. I love you. I love countdowns because everyday, no matterwhat, you get closer to your final goal. Like Tanner said above, "Let the countdown begin!!!" I am ALL for an Island Girl peeps...I have a fund in my house! Love you a million trillion times over.

    ReplyDelete